Free Hellenic Modelers Society
October 21, 2017, 01:34:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Tamiya 1/6 BMW R75/5  (Read 5593 times)
Farao Mike
Administrator

Kiss my (b)ass !

WWW Email
« on: October 28, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »

Because my main worry about this model was to have the most authentic looking wheels,I start from there,so
if the wheels fails,I will stop building the rest of this model.
First of all I make a jig,to have the rims stable and centered for measuring and have spockets
well cutted and build.
Having done the wheels,with new spockes of brass rod and tube,the rest of the model was made
it almost OOB,with some small exceptions like the center stand (with some alu tubes),the handlebar
mirror support (scratch from brass rod),the inner fork stanchion (scratch from alu and brass rod) and the
seat grab rail (scratch from brass tube),the front and rear brake mechanism (100% scratch from
brass and alu tube and rod,plus small springs nuts and bolts,a real steel cable etc.)
Also I change many "simulated" bolts and nuts with really metal parts.
For the painting I use Tamiya X 34 metallic brown for the main body color,a combilation of
Alclad II for the "metallic" parts,and many other colours from Gunze,Humbrol and more.

Here's the jig for making the wheels on.     As you can easilly see,
the spokes that provide the kit,are very thick and overscaled.   This is the proccessing of the wheels to make the new spokes.               Making the air valve.Final result,with air valve on.    The center stand,original parts together with the replacements.   Center stand ready.        Rear brakes mechanism,kit part.  Replacement parts for rear brake mechanism. New mechanism ready.  Rear wheel complete in position.  The frame,ready with shock absorbents on.    Note the small bolts and nuts that supports the absorbents.Originally,there was just two plastic parts. Rear fender on the frame.Note the small bolts that keeps the fender on.Tamiya provides just two bulges for this.  Preparing the cranckshaft.On the openings,will go small bolts.  Through this tube,will go the hand made engine supports,from threated brass tube,exactly as the original bike.   Engine parts ready for final building.In the green frame are the engine supports .   Crankshaft ready.Note the moveable kick starter.  Exhausts prepared for airbrushing.  Exhausts cross over pipe,takes two new bolts and nuts.   Mirror support,original and hand made replacement.    Seat grab rail.original and hand made from brass tube and sheet.  Test fitting.   Ready.  All set and ready to go !Have a nice ride.Hope you enjoy...                      
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 10:21:14 AM by Farao Mike » Logged

Coming soon (or later)
1/32...? & 1/24...?
John Garis
Global Moderator

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 10:42:38 AM »

Farao Bikes nothing else  :icon_salut:

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com